Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
£240 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats:
This course conforms with the STCW95/2010 manilla Amendment requiring ertification to be updated every 5 years.
Section A-VI/2 of STCW (paragraph 11) states that ‘Seafarers qualified in accordance with paragraph 10 in fast rescue boats shall be required, every five years, to provide evidence of having maintained the required standard of competence, to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of table A VI/2-2.'
The learner is able to take charge of launching and recovery of a fast rescue boat.
1. Explain the construction, outfitting and routine maintenance procedures for FRB and measures for contingency repairs.
2. Take charge of FRB during launch and recovery including crew and self PPE, engine and related equipment checks and any additional safety precautions required.
3. Act as the Coxswain of FRB for launch and recovery procedures and brief crew for recovery duties.
4. Handle FRB in prevailing weather and sea conditions.
5. Use communication and signalling equipment between FRB and simulated helicopter or ship.
6. Carry out search patterns, taking account of environmental factors.
7. Use the emergency equipment fitted, recover a simulated casualty from the water and effect their safe transfer to a place of safety.
The learner knows how to prevent and manage capsize situations.
1. Identify the dangers and causes of FRB capsize including prudent handling to prevent capsize.
2. Describe procedures to follow in event of capsize.
3. Swim in personal protective equipment appropriate to FRB operations.
4. Explain actions to take in order to recover the operational capability of crew and craft, including righting procedures.
5. Describe actions by coxswain and crew following capsize.
6. Undertake water-borne capsize of FRB in controlled environment.
7. Carry out post capsize procedures, including righting of FRB whilst swimming in special equipment.
8. Re-board FRB and establish control of craft and available equipment.
Course held at our training facility at Cromhall Quarry, Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, GL12 8AA
Certification: Certificate Of Updated Proficiency In Fast Rescue Boats
Updating training is to be undertaken, in line with the above regulations, by seafarers holding a proficiency in fast rescue boats certificate and who have maintained the required standard of competence, by onboard training and experience, for all competencies listed in the self-declaration form. Seafarers must sign the self-declaration form as a pre-requisite to the reduced hours entry route of the MCA approved updating course.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 2nd November 2018 (12 places)
- 21st December 2018 (12 places)
- 1st February 2019 (12 places)
- 1st March 2019 (12 places)
- 29th March 2019 (12 places)
- 3rd May 2019 (12 places)
- 24th May 2019 (12 places)