Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
£161.28 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques?
As per the STCW95/2010 Manilla Amendments.
Section A-VI/1 of STCW (paragraph 3) states that ‘Seafarers qualified in accordance with paragraph 2 in basic training shall be required, every five years, to provide evidence of having maintained the required standard of competence, to undertake the tasks, duties and responsibilities listed in column 1 of table A VI/1-1.’
This course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. Any candidate unsure of their fitness for such activities should consult their doctor.
The learner is able to maintain the required standard of competence in personal survival techniques (PST).
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit.
- Jump from a height into the water.
- Swim while wearing a life jacket.
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket.
- Keep afloat without a life jacket.
- Board a survival craft from the water when wearing a life jacket.
Certification: Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to 1 August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses;
Seafarers who have a certificate of proficiency in personal survival techniques and who have maintained the required standard of competence by onboard training and experience for all competences listed in the self declaration form. NB – certificates of proficiency issued under the authority of other administrations will be acceptable.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 29th January 2019 (12 places)
- 26th February 2019 (12 places)
- 26th March 2019 (12 places)
- 30th April 2019 (12 places)
- 21st May 2019 (12 places)