Personal Survival Techniques
£137 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Securewest Training
- Plymouth, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Personal Sea Survival Techniques STCW Reg. VI/1 (para 2.1.2) & the MNTB guidelines.
The 1 day course covers elementary Sea Survival Safety training for all crew. With both theoretical and practical exercises the course prepares candidates for all emergency situations, with practical training in a supervised pool with the use of life rafts and life jackets.
- Actions prior to abandonment of the vessel
- Basic principles of survival
- Survival Equipment
- Training and drills
- Correct use of the lifejacket and entering the water from a height
- Launch of a liferaft
- Addressing a capsized liferaft
- Wet and dry boarding of a liferaft
- Bringing aboard an injured casualty
- Liferaft first aid
- Actions to aid location by rescuers
With outstanding training facilities, Securewest's 1 day Personal Sea Survival Course will fully prepare you for an emergency while at sea.