Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Course – PDSD
£178.80 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
What is the Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Course?
Our Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course is set out by the STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendments 2010 that contain new requirements regarding security training. These Regulations came into force 1 January 2014. This Training must be undertaken by all seafarers and security Personnel engaged on ship who have designated duties under the Ships Security Plan (SSP).
The training is carried out by MCA & DfT Maritime accredited trainers with the highest level of maritime security experience so when you come to us for maritime security training of any kind you can be sure you are getting the best in the industry.
- Maintain the conditions set out in a Ship Security Plan (SSP)
- Recognise security risk and threats
- Undertake regular security inspections
- Properly use security equipment and systems
- ISPS Code Overview
- Relevant Codes, International Conventions & Recommendations
- Ship Security Levels
- Ship Security Assessment
- Ship Security Plan
- Performance of Security Duties
- Security Contingencies & Responses
- Bomb & IED Threats Explained
- Stowaways and Refugees
- Maritime Piracy
Duration: 8 Hours
Cost: includes all manuals, certification.