STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
£97.92 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility course:
This STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR) course module gives basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarizes novice seafarers with employment and working conditions aboard. It is a classroom based course.
The PSSR course constitutes one of the essential modules of the STCW95/2010 Basic Safety Training course, which you will need to take in its' entirety if you are new to the industry.
PSSR course content
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Observing safe working practices
- Understanding orders and being understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
- Types of emergency which may occur, such as collision, fire foundering
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities; employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
Cost includes all manuals, certification.
Certification validity: 5 years
Certification: Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate in STCW-95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities approved by the Maritime Coastguard Agency as laid down in STCW 95 Regulation VI/1 paragraph 2.1.4 of Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 30th January 2019 (11 places)
- 27th February 2019 (12 places)
- 27th March 2019 (12 places)
- 1st May 2019 (12 places)
- 22nd May 2019 (12 places)