STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
£102 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
What is the STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility course?
This STCW 95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (PSSR) course module gives basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarizes novice seafarers with employment and working conditions aboard. It is a classroom based course.
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Observing safe working practices
- Understanding orders and being understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
- Types of emergency which may occur, such as collision, fire foundering
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities; employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
Duration: 8 Hours
Cost: includes all manuals, certification.
Certification validity: 5 years
Certification: Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate in STCW-95 Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities approved by the Maritime Coastguard Agency as laid down in STCW 95 Regulation VI/1 paragraph 2.1.4 of Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code.