STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques (Sea Survival Course)
£168 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
What is the STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques (Sea Survival) course?
The STCW 95 Personal Survival Techniques (sea survival course) module provides knowledge of essential prevention and survival techniques. It includes both theoretical and practical sessions, investigating causes of distress, knowledge and use of equipment, launch and recovery of life rafts, preparation for survival, personal survival skills and use of search and rescue organisations.
This course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. Any candidate unsure of their fitness for such activities should consult their doctor.
- Types of emergency situations such as collision, fire, sinking
- Types of life-saving appliances normally carried on ships
- Equipment in survival craft
- Location of personal life-saving appliances
- Principles concerning survival
Practical instruction will include:
- Donning a life jacket
- Donning and use an immersion suit
- Safely jumping from a height into the water
- Righting an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Swimming while wearing a life jacket
- Keeping afloat
- Boarding a liferaft from ship and water while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a liferaft to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a drogue or sea anchor
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
Duration: 8 Hours
Cost: includes all manuals, certification.
Certificate validity: 5 years
Certification: Upon successful completion you will be awarded a certificate in STCW-95 Personal Survival Techniques as laid down in STCW 95 Regulation VI/1 paragraph 2.1.1 of Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code