Certificate of Proficiency in Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
£610.20 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
Please contact the office for individual dates during the STCW 5 Part Basic Safety week.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers the essential education and training in fire fighting and fire prevention, particularly focusing on:
- understanding the risk of fire onboard and how to minimise those risks
- learning how to fight and extinguish fires as well as search for and recover casualties
- learning how to wear fire fighting equipment including personal breathing apparatus and safe use of fire extinguishers.
This course forms part of the mandatory 'Basic Safety Training' course, however can be undertaken on its own.
The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 14th January 2019
- 13th February 2019
- 4th March 2019
- 18th March 2019
- 1st April 2019
- 29th April 2019
- 20th May 2019
- 3rd June 2019
- 17th June 2019
- 1st July 2019
- 15th July 2019
- 29th July 2019
- 2nd September 2019
- 16th September 2019
- 30th September 2019