Personal Safety and Soc Responsibilities
- Course Type:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give all persons intending to go to sea a basic induction in safety procedures and accident prevention and to familiarise them with the employment conditions and working environment on board merchant vessels. Assessment is by direct observation, oral and written questioning and simulated scenarios.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Prevention of marine pollution
- Observing safer working practices
- Understanding the chain of command and orders contributing to effective human relationships on board ship