SCTW Fire Prevention and Firefighting Updating
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This 1 day MCA approved revalidation course is designed to give all those seeking updating training certification for PSC&RB, the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/1-2.Training consists primarily of exercises at our Fire training facility. Assessment is by direct observation, oral questioning and simulated scenarios.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Must hold a current Basic Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting certificate, which must be brought to the course as evidence.
- Evidence of holding a Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting certificate can be the original certificate, certified stamp of completion of course in discharge book, Able seafarers certificate of competence, OOW or higher COC
- Production of an Advanced Fire certificate is also sufficient as Fire prevention and Fire Fighting is a pre requisite for the Advanced.
Modules and Assessment
- Correctly use portable and mobile (wheeled) fi re extinguishers on appropriate fi re types
- Correctly use hoses, nozzles and hose equipment,
- Extinguish different types of fi res as a member of a team using a range of equipment commonly found on board
- Test and use BA and associated equipment,