Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher Course
€360 EUR (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- 4am Training
- Mosta, Malta
- 1 day
Based on IMO Model Course 2.03, the Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher is designed for Emergency Response fire team leaders on board ships; this training helps refresh fire team leaders’ skills and gives adequate knowledge to a team leader to lead a fire team during a hazardous situation onboard involving the different fire situations.
Moreover candidates are updated with latest development concerning different classes of fires onboard and how various emergencies were dealt with.
- A STCW Basic Safety Training Certificate, or;
- A valid Certificate of Competence as a Deck/Engine Room Officer
Transport Malta approved Certificate will be issued on the merit of full attendance and written assessment.
- Theory of combustion.
- Fire behaviour, fire prevention & classification of fire.
- Control of Fires.
- Compartment fire fighting techniques.
- Inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishing substances, fire extinguishers and equipment.
- Fire fighting drills, organize and train fire parties
- Fire fighting command structure and leadership.
- Awareness of dangerous goods and susceptible cargoes.
- Search and recovery of casualties.
- Machinery space fire fighting.
- Fixed firefighting systems.
- Fire men outfit and breathing apparatus.
- Ship’s structure and Stability integrity.
- Fire detection equipment and investigation.
- Liaison with Fire & Rescue Services
- Accident report analysis.