Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Refresher)
£240 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Updating training is to be undertaken by seafarers holding an advanced fire fighting certificate, or equivalent, and who have maintained the required standard of competence, by onboard training and experience every five years.
Please note: This course does not remove the obligation for holders to update their Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Certificate every five years
The aim of the one day classroom based course is to give seafarers the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Control fire fighting operations aboard ships,
- Organise and train fire parties
- Inspect and service fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
- The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 5th July 2018
- 2nd August 2018
- 6th September 2018
- 4th October 2018
- 1st November 2018
- 29th November 2018