STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- Course Type:
- Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Red Ensign Maritime Training
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This 1 day course is designed to give those onboard ship who have a designated security duty the essential education and training to meet the requirements set out in the STCW code which supports Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility security (ISPS) Code.
Security awareness training must be undertaken by all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on ships that are required to comply with the ISPS Code.
Content & Objectives
- Understand the importance of ship security and the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- The definition of a security risk and threats to a vessel, its crew, cargo and operations
- Understand both the capabilities and limitations of maritime security methods, equipment and systems
- Understand the content of a ship’s security plan and its implementation.
- Understand your role and your limitations as an member of the ship’s security detail at all three security levels.
This course is classroom based and delivered at the Red Ensign training facility in Cowes.
There are no formal requirements for this course however you should be over 18 years of age.