STCW Elementary First Aid
- Course Type:
- Elementary First Aid
- Training School:
- Red Ensign Maritime Training
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This course is held weekly.
This course usually takes place on the Thursday of our STCW 95 Basic Safety Training Week and is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge of the immediate action to be taken upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency aboard ship.
Content & Objectives
The course will cover
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
- Knowledge, understanding and proficiency in basic first aid
- Assessing the needs of the casualty and threats to your own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Understanding the immediate measures to be taken in case of an emergency
- Positioning a casualty
- Applying resuscitation techniques
- Controlling bleeding
- Basic shock management
- Applying appropriate measures in event of burns and scalds
- The rescue and transport of a casualty
- Improvising bandages and using your emergency kit
This course is taught at the Red Ensign training facility in Cowes.
There are no formal requirements for this course however you should be over 18 years of age.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 25th June 2018 (12 places)