STCW Advanced Fire Fighting (Refresher)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Red Ensign Maritime Training
- Cowes, United Kingdom
- 1 day
An exciting mix of theory and practical scenarios with a major focus on “command and control”, this 1 day course is aimed at crew appointed to control fire-fighting operations and officers who wish to qualify for a Certificate of Competency.
Content & Objectives
This course will include
- Theory of combustion
- Fire behaviour, fire prevention & classification of fire
- Fire Fighting organisation
- Incident command, control & communication techniques
- Compartment fire fighting techniques
- The containment of fire
- Machinery space fire fighting
- Fixed fire fighting systems
- Classification of ship’s structure
- Fire detection equipment and investigation
- Liaison with Fire & Rescue Services
- Ship stability
- Fighting and search and rescue scenarios
- Major focus on “command and control”
This course is a theory course at our training centre in Cowes.
You should be over 18 years of age and be in possession of an existing STCW Advanced Fire Fighting certificate to take advantage of the reduced price for the refresher training.
- at least 6 months sea time on a merchant vessel
- completed STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (Section A-VI, 1-2 of the STCW code) or similar training acceptable to the MCA – please do get in touch if you have questions.
- a good level of fitness