Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Course Type:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
This course meets the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) as amended Section A-VI/1 including table A-VI/1-4 and 46 CFR 11.202(B)(1). Seafarers engaged in any capacity in board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ships complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall before being assigned any shipboard duties receive approved basic training or instruction in certain areas concerning thier basic safety and social interaction board ships.
Trainees will learn:
- Comply with emergency procedures;
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment;
- Observe safe working practices
- Understand orders and be understood in relation to shipboard duties;
- Survival at Sea;
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board ship;
- Practical Demonstrations.
STCW Code Table A-VI/1-4
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by columns 3 & 4 of the table. This will be achieved by examination and assessment throughout the course.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition as per 46 CFR 10.205