Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- Course Type:
- Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 2 days
This course meets the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) as amended Section A-VI/1 including table A-VI/1-2 and 46 CFR 11.202(B)(1). Seafarers engaged in any capacity in board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ships complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall before being assigned any shipboard duties reverie approved basic training or instruction in fire fighting and fire prevention
Trainees will learn:
- Initial actions and procedures on becoming aware of an emergency;
- Identify emergency signals;
- Types of fire fighting appliances and equipment;
- Fire fighting agents;
- Use of breathing apparatus;
- Practical fire fighting techniques.
STCW Code Table A-VI/1-2
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by columns 3 & 4 of the table. This will be achieved by pratical demonstations and examination.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 4th February 2018 (10 places)