Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting
- Course Type:
- Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 2 days
This course meets the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) as amended Section A-VI/1 including table A-VI/1-2 and 46 CFR 11.202(B)(1). Seafarers engaged in any capacity in board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ships complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall before being assigned any shipboard duties reverie approved basic training or instruction in fire fighting and fire prevention
Trainees will learn:
- Initial actions and procedures on becoming aware of an emergency;
- Identify emergency signals;
- Types of fire fighting appliances and equipment;
- Fire fighting agents;
- Use of breathing apparatus;
- Practical fire fighting techniques.
STCW Code Table A-VI/1-2
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by columns 3 & 4 of the table. This will be achieved by pratical demonstations and examination.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.