STCW Elementary First Aid (Basic First Aid & CPR)
- Course Type:
- Elementary First Aid
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 1 day
This course meets the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) as amended Section A-VI/1 including table A-VI/1-3 and 46 CFR 11.202(B)(1). Seafarers engaged in any capacity in board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ships complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall before being assigned any shipboard duties receive approved basic training or instruction in elementary first aid.
Trainees will learn:
- Assessment of needs of casualty and own safety;
- Appreciation of body structure and functions;
- Types of Survival Craft.
- Immediate action in case of emergency;
- Control bleeding;
- Shock management;
- Actions to treat burns and scalds;
- Rescue and transport a casualty;
- Use bandages and materials in the emergency kit.
STCW Code Table A-VI/1-3
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by columns 3 & 4 of the table. This will be achieved by practical demonstrations and examination.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 27th July 2018 (8 places)
- 17th August 2018 (10 places)
- 14th September 2018 (9 places)
- 21st September 2018 (15 places)
- 5th October 2018 (8 places)
- 26th October 2018 (12 places)