STCW Elementary First Aid (Basic First Aid & CPR)
- Course Type:
- Elementary First Aid
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 1 day
This course meets the requirements of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) as amended Section A-VI/1 including table A-VI/1-3 and 46 CFR 11.202(B)(1). Seafarers engaged in any capacity in board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ships complement with designated safety or pollution-prevention duties in the operation of the ship shall before being assigned any shipboard duties receive approved basic training or instruction in elementary first aid.
Trainees will learn:
- Assessment of needs of casualty and own safety;
- Appreciation of body structure and functions;
- Types of Survival Craft.
- Immediate action in case of emergency;
- Control bleeding;
- Shock management;
- Actions to treat burns and scalds;
- Rescue and transport a casualty;
- Use bandages and materials in the emergency kit.
STCW Code Table A-VI/1-3
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by columns 3 & 4 of the table. This will be achieved by practical demonstrations and examination.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.