STCW Basic Training (USCG Approved)
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 5 days
The Basic Training course will satisfy the STCW requirement under Part A, Chapter VI for anyone wanting to serve on board a ship as part of the ships complement. Each element can also be taken separately subject to availability.
- Day 1: Personal Survival Techniques
- Day 2: Personal Survival Techniques/Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Day 3: Elementary First Aid (CPR)
- Day 4/5: Basic Fire Fighting (Port Canaveral)
Note: Security Awareness, Crowd and Crises Management can be included, contact for more information.
Courses based in Orlando, Central Florida (exception of practical fire fighting)
STCW Code CH VI A-VI/1
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by Seafarers Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) Code and 46 Code of Federal Regulations.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 23rd April 2018 (16 places)
- 21st May 2018 (16 places)
- 18th June 2018 (16 places)
- 23rd July 2018 (16 places)
- 20th August 2018 (16 places)