STCW Basic Training (USCG Approved)
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 5 days
We provide the STCW basic training course for anyone wishing to work aboard vessels over 24 metres. Maritime Safety Academy specilaizes in providing specific training for crew about to embark on Cruise ships. We have instructors (Master Mariners) with many years exerience sailing on cruise verssels and responsbilities for training.
The Basic Training course will satisfy the STCW requirement under Part A, Chapter VI. Each element can also be taken separately subject to availability.
- Day 1: Personal Survival Techniques
- Day 2: Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Theory
- Day 3: Personal Survival Techniques Practical/Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Day 4: Basic Fire Fighting Practical (Port Canaveral)
- Day 5: Elementary First Aid (CPR)
Note: Options to include Security Awareness, Crowd and Crises Management, please contact for more information.
Courses based in Orlando, Central Florida (exception of practical fire fighting which takes place in Port Canaveral)
STCW Code CH VI A-VI/1
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by Seafarers Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) Code and 46 Code of Federal Regulations.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 23rd July 2018 (16 places)
- 20th August 2018 (16 places)
- 10th September 2018 (10 places)
- 17th September 2018 (12 places)
- 1st October 2018 (11 places)
- 22nd October 2018 (9 places)
- 26th November 2018 (16 places)
- 17th December 2018 (12 places)