STCW Basic Training (USCG Approved) Classroom and Online (Blended Training) Cape Canaveral, Clearwater, Orlando & Fort Lauderdale
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Maritime Safety Academy
- Orlando, Florida, United States of America
- 5 days
We provide the STCW basic training course for anyone wishing to work aboard vessels over 24 metres. Maritime Safety Academy specilaizes in providing specific training for crew about to embark on Cruise ships. We have instructors (Master Mariners) with many years exerience sailing on cruise verssels and responsbilities for training.
The Basic Training course will satisfy the STCW requirement under Part A, Chapter VI. Each element can also be taken separately subject to availability.
- Day 1: Personal Survival Techniques
- Day 2: Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Theory
- Day 3: Personal Survival Techniques Practical/Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities
- Day 4: Basic Fire Fighting Practical (Port Canaveral)
- Day 5: Elementary First Aid (CPR)
We now offer a blended Basic Training Courses that combines online theory training with a 2 day practical at one of our training centers. More information can be found at www.onlinestcw.com .
Note: Options to include Security Awareness, Crowd and Crises Management, please contact for more information.
Courses based in Orlando, Central Florida (exception of practical fire fighting which takes place in Port Canaveral)
STCW Code CH VI A-VI/1
Competence - Trainees must meet required competencies as required by Seafarers Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) Code and 46 Code of Federal Regulations.
Trainees must be at least 18 years old and be in good health and physical condition.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 4th January 2019 (4 places)
- 18th January 2019 (9 places)
- 22nd January 2019 (10 places)
- 4th February 2019 (15 places)
- 11th February 2019 (9 places)
- 14th February 2019 (9 places)
- 14th March 2019 (2 places)
- 25th March 2019 (8 places)
- 8th April 2019 (8 places)
- 16th April 2019 (9 places)
- 6th May 2019 (10 places)