Basic Training Refresher
- Course Type:
- Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- STAR Center
- Dania Beach, Florida, United States of America
- 3 days
This is a course that is intended to meet the training requirements as listed above in the USCG Approved and STCW Compliant Course Certificate section.
Each student who successfully completes this course will be knowledgeable of and have proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting and meeting this requirement for the following areas:
Fire prevention and firefighting as set out in Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code:
- Use various types of portable fire extinguishers;
- Extinguish smaller fires, e.g., electrical fires, oil fires, and propane fires;
- Extinguish extensive fires with water, using jet and spray nozzles;
- Extinguish fires with foam, powder, or any other suitable chemical agent;
- Fight fire in smoke-filled enclosed spaces wearing self-contained breathing apparatus;
- Extinguish fire with water fog or any other suitable firefighting agent in an accommodation room or simulated engineroom with fire and heavy smoke; and
- Extinguish oil fire with fog applicator and spray nozzles, dry chemical powder.
This course is open to students who have a need for such training as required by the United States Coast Guard and STCW as amended. Each student should have at least an STCW Certification as an “Officer-in-Charge of a Navigation Watch” , or have a Officer-in-Charge of an Engineering Watch” or have an equivalent and experiential background, be in good physical health and speaks and understands English and has at least 1 year of sea service within the last 5 years.