STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Maersk Training Aberdeen Ltd
- Portlethen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 1 day
The purpose of this course is to give all persons intending to go to sea, the essential basic knowledge and experience of personal survival principles and techniques that can be applied to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a maritime emergency.
Driven by STCW 1995 as amended in 2010 and based on the MNTB criteria set out in Section A-VI/1-1 of the STCW code for training in personal sea survival.
The focus of this training is to develop the candidates understanding of the following:
- The value of training and drills
- Personal protective clothing and equipment
- Being ready for an emergency
- Actions when called to survival craft stations
- Actions to be taken on abandoning ship
- Actions to be taken when in the water
- Actions to be taken when aboard survival craft
- Main dangers to survivors
To give all persons intending to go to sea:
- Basic knowledge and experience of personal survival principals.
- Techniques that can be applied to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a marine casualty.
No prior training is required. Candidates must be fit for sea and be able to swim at a basic level.