Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- Warsash Maritime School
- Warsash, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Seafarers holding an existing proficiency in fast rescue boats qualification are required to complete this updated training course to maintain proficiency under the STCW 2010 Manila Amendments (STCW Section A-VI/2 Paragraph 7), every five years.
This one-day course comprises of theory and practical sessions in the classroom, at our pier head facility and in the pool. All attendees are required to be fit enough to undertake practical open water boat handling exercises and in water capsize drills (swimming pool based).
What you'll learn
At the end of the training, you should be able to:
- understand the construction, maintenance, repair and outfitting of fast rescue boats,
- take charge of a fast rescue boat as commonly fitted, during launching and recovering,
- take charge of a fast rescue boat after launching,
- carry out search patterns, recover a casualty from the water and effect a safe transfer, and
- know how to manage and prevent capsize situations.
- You must have prior experience of being involved in fast rescue boat drills and have experience in handling small craft.
- You must also have completed the Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats course or hold an Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats certificate.