STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Refresher
£210 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Bootle, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This training is part of the basic training required for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that ship, or as part of the ships complement, with designated safety duties in the operation of the ship.
The aim is to give participants a greater awareness of fire and its associated dangers and to give practical experience in the correct use of hose, branches and fire protection equipment.
Open to all who are physically fit and are able to undertake the practical training. The required minimum age is 18 years.
The course consists of theoretical and practical input for all crew that will be required to take action in the event of a fire.
- The basic principles of fire
- Theoretical and practical operations of fire extinguishing equipment
- Appreciation of the hazards involved in firefighting at sea
- Fire prevention required on board ship
- Knowledge of first aid fire fighting at sea using portable/semi‐portable extinguishers
- Basic understanding of Fire fighting and fire party duties.
- Understanding of fixed installations on ships at sea
- Search and rescue procedures and training
- The basic use of self contained breathing apparatus set
The training must be under taken before new entrants are assigned to any such shipboard duties.