Basic Safety Training + Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA)
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 5 days
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers the MCA approved STCW 95/2010 Basic safety training every alternative week.
Course Duration: 5 days
Course dates: Every alternative Monday
Course Eligibility: There is no minimum requirement.
STCW requires all seafarers to receive familiarisation and basic safety training or instruction in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code. The minimum requirements for familiarisation and basic safety training are contained within the Basic Safety Training Week (BSTW) and meet the appropriate standard of competence.
The course is split up into 5 parts:
- PSSR (personal safety and social responsibility)
- FF & FP (Fire prevention and fire fighting)
- PST (personal survival technique)
- EFA (elementary first aid)
- PSA (proficiency in security awareness) - ADD ON - required by the manila amendment if ISPS applies to the vessel you are going to work on.
The above modules can also be taken individually.
The training components listed in Basic Safety Training Week are a requirement for holders of a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster Offshore or Ocean looking to work towards the MCA STCW Master Yacht 200 Tonnes (OOW 500 tonnes). These training requirements also include Masters and Deck Officers in Workboats of over 24m and less than 500GT.