Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
£450 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
Duration: 3 days
Prerequisites: Those undertaking this training must have completed and been issued with a certificate covering Medical Care on Board Ship (Section A-VI/4-2 of STCW)
This is an intensive course that requires a certain amount of self-study in the evenings. Having an up to date First Aid knowledge is essential and a good working knowledge of the Ships Captains Medical Guide and the M1768 Ships Medical Stores List would be helpful.
The aim of the course is to provide Masters and other persons designated to take charge of medical care on UK or EU flag vessels who are required to undertake updated training in Proficiency in Medical Care on Board Ship every 5 years, the training set out in Table A-VI/4-2.
There will be a particular focus on:
- Updating the learner on changes in resuscitation and bleeds management
- Refreshing the learner’s knowledge on the medication and equipment on the M1768 Ships Medical Stores list.
- Fine tuning the skills required to carry out certain medical procedures.
- The course does require physical work that is carried out on the floor so anyone with injuries that prevent them from doing that will be unable to complete the course and will have to re book once they are fit and well.
- The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 16th April 2018
- 21st May 2018
- 25th June 2018
- 23rd July 2018
- 20th August 2018
- 24th September 2018
- 22nd October 2018
- 26th November 2018
- 17th December 2018