Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
£450 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
Duration: 3 days
Prerequisites: Those undertaking this training must have completed and been issued with a certificate covering Medical Care on Board Ship (Section A-VI/4-2 of STCW)
This is an intensive course that requires a certain amount of self-study in the evenings. Having an up to date First Aid knowledge is essential and a good working knowledge of the Ships Captains Medical Guide and the M1768 Ships Medical Stores List would be helpful.
The aim of the course is to provide Masters and other persons designated to take charge of medical care on UK or EU flag vessels who are required to undertake updated training in Proficiency in Medical Care on Board Ship every 5 years, the training set out in Table A-VI/4-2.
There will be a particular focus on:
- Updating the learner on changes in resuscitation and bleeds management
- Refreshing the learner’s knowledge on the medication and equipment on the M1768 Ships Medical Stores list.
- Fine tuning the skills required to carry out certain medical procedures.
- The course does require physical work that is carried out on the floor so anyone with injuries that prevent them from doing that will be unable to complete the course and will have to re book once they are fit and well.
- The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
If you or your company require this course on another date and have a minimum of 3 delegates, please contact the shortcourses team to arrange a suitable date.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 14th January 2019
- 11th February 2019
- 11th March 2019
- 8th April 2019
- 13th May 2019
- 17th June 2019
- 15th July 2019
- 19th August 2019
- 23rd September 2019
- 14th October 2019
- 11th November 2019
- 9th December 2019