Proficiency in Ship Security Awareness Course (PSA)
- Course Type:
- Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers the Proficiency in security awareness course every alternate week.
Course Duration: 4 hours
Course Eligibility: There is no minimum requirement.
Security awareness training must be undertaken by all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on ships which are required to comply with the ISPS Code. This training/instruction must meet the requirements of Section A-VI/6 paragraph 4 of the amended STCW code. This training leads to the issue of a STCW Certificate of Proficiency in Security Awareness.
On completion of this training a seafarer will at least be able to:
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness;
- Recognise security threats; and
- Understand the need for, and methods of, maintaining security awareness and vigilance.
- Enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness
- Recognition of security threats
- Maintaining security awareness and vigilance