- Course Type:
- Tanker (Oil, LNG, LPG)
- Training School:
- online course
- 1 day
H2S Awareness course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills to recognize, evaluate, and control exposure to Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S), which is a highly toxic and flammable gas that can cause serious health and safety hazards.
H2S Awareness training covers topics such as the properties and sources of H2S, the health effects and symptoms of H2S exposure, the exposure limits and standards for H2S, the methods and equipment for detecting and measuring H2S, the personal protective equipment and respiratory protection for working with H2S, the emergency procedures and first aid for H2S incidents, and the prevention and control measures for reducing H2S risks.
Certification and approval
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate.
The course is delivered through an online learning platform and consists of lectures, videos, quizzes and case studies.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the properties and sources of H2S
- recognize the health effects and symptoms of H2S exposure
- identify the exposure limits and standards for H2S
- operate the methods and equipment for detecting and measuring H2S
- select and use the personal protective equipment and respiratory protection for working with H2S
- follow the emergency procedures for H2S incidents
- implement the prevention and control measures for reducing H2S risks
- H2S Awareness
Regulations and guidelines
This course is based on the following regulations and guidelines:
- The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW)
- The International Safety Management (ISM) Code
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO)
H2S Awareness training is required for seafarers who may encounter H2S in their work environment.