Crisis Management & Human Behavior (STCW V/2, IMO Model 1.42)
- Course Type:
- Crisis Management and Human Behaviour on Passenger Ships
- Training School:
- online course
- 1 day
This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of personnel in crisis management during emergency situations on board passenger ships. You will gain competence in passenger ship crisis management and human behaviour training in accordance with section A-V/2, paragraph 4 and table A-V/2-2 of the STCW Code.
Certification and approval
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of proficiency.
The course is delivered through an online learning platform and consists of lectures, videos, quizzes and case studies.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to organize shipboard emergency procedures
- optimize the use of resources
- control responses to emergencies
- learn how to cope with the stress, fear, uncertainty, and complexity that arise from a crisis situation
- control passengers and other personnel during emergency situations
- establish and maintain effective communications
- Shipboard emergency procedures
- Effective communication and leadership
- Behavior in crisis
Regulations and guidelines
This course is based on the following regulations and guidelines:
- STCW Regulation V/2, paragraph 4 & 8, section A-V/2.4
- IMO model course 1.42 - Passenger Ship Crisis Management & Human Behavior Training
This course is suitable for anyone who works on board a passenger ship and has responsibility for the safety of passengers in emergency situations.