Yacht Steward(ess) Training Full Package
- Course Type:
- Superyacht packages
- Training School:
- Seascope France
- Antibes, Alpes Maritimes, France
- 12 days
This pack is designed for future yacht stewards and stewardesses who want to stand out and have additional skills for a successful career onboard: STCW Basic Safety Training, G.U.E.S.T Introduction to Interior training, and Powerboat Level 2. STCW BST is a mandatory training for all seafarers, G.U.E.S.T Interior program will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be able to offer excellent service on yachts, and PB2 allows you to drive tender and advance your career on superyacht.
STCW Basic Safety Training is a 5-day course comprised of five modules:
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility: understanding of on-board working conditions, safety procedures and accident prevention.
- Personal Survival Techniques: survival at sea in the event of an emergency, life-raft familiarisation.
- Elementary First Aid: basic first aid training & resuscitation.
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting: fire causes, prevention, extinguishing techniques.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness: importance of on-board security and how to recognise and react in the event of security threats.
The course provides students with an important introduction to working at sea and will equip them with necessary skills and knowledge to work safely onboard a seagoing vessel. Once students obtain STCW Basic Safety Training, they meet the minimum mandatory requirement for working on superyachts and commercial vessels over 24 metres in length.
The STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping) courses are run in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code including the Manila amendments introduced in 2010.
Yacht Steward/ Stewardess Training is accredited by the International Association of Maritime Institutions (IAMI) and is the only internationally accredited maritime hospitality program available to crew working in the luxury superyacht sector. Covered modules include:
- Yachting and yachting life: demographics of the industry, professional search for a position, life at sea, health and wellbeing, personal presentation, communication etc.
- Laundry, fabrics and furnishings, safety: professional laundry practices and procedures, handling personal affairs, hanging, storing and placing garments etc.
- Food and beverage service: standards of presentation, serving food and beverages on yachts, mis en place in service areas, food safery, dierary requirements etc.
- Wine, bartending and mixology: wine basics, professional wine service, wine storage onboard a yacht, main spirits and classic service for spirits, tools and methods of cocktail mixing.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 is a 2-day comprehensive course covers all aspects of powerboats, boat handling, safety and pilotage. The RYA Level 2 certificates are recognized by the UK Coastguard and are used as a Tender License on board larger yachts.
Training vessels used include: 6.5m Capelli Tender.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 11th March 2024 (3 places)
- 18th March 2024 (3 places)
- 4th April 2024 (3 places)
- 15th April 2024 (3 places)
- 2nd May 2024 (3 places)
- 6th May 2024 (3 places)