Seamanship and Meteorology (Master Yachts)
- Course Type:
- Master (Yachts) - Seamanship and Meteorology
- Training School:
- Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The course covers five areas:
- Seamanship – including heavy weather, emergency action, ship handling, dry docking
- Navigation – including watchkeeping procedures, IRPCS and passage planning
- Meteorology – including atmospheric stability, air masses, local variations, pressure and meteorological forecasting
- MARPOL – including IMO conventions concerning safety of life and environmental protection
- Code of Safe Working practices – including personal safety, safety officer responsibility, incident reporting and investigation
Food and accommodation are available onsite at UKSA. The residential price for this course is £1,370.
Master (Yachts less than 500gt/3000gt).
Examination and assessment:
At the end of the module, you’ll take a 2.5 hour examination with a required pass mark of 60%.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 15th January 2024 (1 place)
- 29th April 2024 (1 place)
- 10th June 2024 (1 place)
- 14th October 2024 (1 place)