STCW Basic Safety Training Week
- Course Type:
- STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The STCW Basic Safety Training course (STCW95 & STCW 2010) is the legal minimum requirement for anyone looking for commercial work aboard vessels over 24 metres, in accordance with the STCW Code A-VI/1.
As well as the four core modules, we have now included the Proficiency in Security Awareness module as part of our STCW Basic Safety Training course, at no additional cost to you. Although it is not an essential requirement of the course, as of 1st January 2014 all seafarers must receive approved security awareness training.
The STCW (95) Basic Safety Training course includes:
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW A-VI/6-1)
This course includes all five modules, but they can also be booked separately for increased flexibility.
Full board accommodation available on site at additional £40 per night.
Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1):
Essential sea survival training to deal with a range of emergency situations. Includes the launch of a life raft, using safety equipment, preparation for sea survival and use of search and rescue organisations.
Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-VI/1-2):
Identifies the different types of fire that can occur on board and how to prevent them from starting. Practical training includes use of fire fighting equipment and breathing apparatus to extinguish various types and sizes of fires including in smoke filled enclosed spaces.
Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3):
A mixture of theory and practical sessions on how to respond to the most common emergencies on board. You will learn CPR, different bandaging methods, how to move a patient and how to improvise when there is no equipment available.
Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4):
An introduction to accident prevention and safety procedures including alarms and signals. It also covers your rights at work, employment conditions and work practices such as safe working, pollution prevention and relations with others on board.
Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW A-VI/6-1):
Provides knowledge, understanding and proficiency to personnel intending to work on ships who will not have any designated security duties.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 21st January 2019 (1 place)
- 4th March 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 11th March 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 1st April 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 8th April 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 15th April 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 22nd April 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 29th April 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 6th May 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 13th May 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 20th May 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 27th May 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 3rd June 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 24th June 2019 ★ (1 place)
- 1st July 2019 ★ (1 place)
★ Provisional dates