STCW Personal Survival Techniques Refresher
£162 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Maersk Training Aberdeen Ltd
- Portlethen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 1 day
The purpose of this course is to give all those seeking to update their training certification for Personal Survival Techniques (PST) the essential education and training set out in the STCW table A-VI/1-1.
The course is split in a theoretical and practical part covering:
- Different types of emergencies e.g. collision, fire, wreckage and grounding.
- Equipment in lifeboats and liferafts.
- Personal rescue equipment.
- Principles of survival including.
By completing this course the course participant will be able to maintain the required standard of competence in PST, including:
- Correctly don and use a survival suit.
- Jump from height into water.
- Be able to float without a lifejacket.
- Swim wearing a life jacket.
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket.
- Board a survival craft from the water when wearing a life jacket.
- Actions when staying in survival craft to enhance survivability chances.
- Set a drogue.
Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses.
Seafarers who hold a certificate of proficiency in PST and who have maintained the standard by onboard training laid out in the Objectives of this descriptor.