STCW Medical Care Onboard Ship Refresher
£474 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Medical Care
- Training School:
- Maersk Training Aberdeen Ltd
- Portlethen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 3 days
The STCW Medical Care Onboard Ship Refresher course is designed to refresh delegates with the principal knowledge that will allow them to carry out medical care onboard a ship.
The syllabus will provide delegates with information on how to:
- Diagnose medical problems on board ship
- Provide medical care to the sick and injured while they remain onboard
- Participate in coordinated schemes for medical assistance to ships
On completion of the training delegates will have sufficient knowledge of the types of ships’ medical equipment, their uses and stores.
Delegates must be at least 21 years of age before course commencement, have received recognised training in Medical First Aid (STCW Section A-V1/1-3 or equivalent) within the past five years, and must have served at sea in a merchant vessel for at least 18 months. With possible exception for those following a VQ route to certification. Completion of a Medical Questionnaire is required before course commencement. A discharge book and Photographic ID are also required.