STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting Refresher
£354 GBP (incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Maersk Training Aberdeen Ltd
- Portlethen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- 1 day
To give all those seeking to update their training certification for Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting the essential education and training set out in the STCW table A-VI/1-2.
The course content will be in two parts:
- Part One: Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting theory.
- Part Two: Practical Fire Fighting.
The delegate is able to maintain the required standard of competence in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Correctly use portable and mobile (wheeled) fire extinguishers on appropriate fire types.
- Correctly use hoses, nozzles and hose equipment including foam making equipment.
- Extinguish different types of fires as a member of a team using a range of equipment commonly found on board.
- Test and use Breathing Apparatus and associated equipment, covering:
- Principles of operation of typical BA equipment.
- Equipment checks on start-up and use.
- Gauge checks, correct team working and communication.
- BA procedures in reduced visibility, including searching, routing, door and ladder procedures.
- Casualty rescue, communication and team work.
- Fire Fighting in heavy smoke.
Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses.
Seafarers who hold a certificate of proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting and certificates of proficiency issued under the authority of other administrations will be accepted.