MCA Approved Engine Course 2
- Course Type:
- Approved Engine Course
- Training School:
- The Seamanship Centre
- Killybegs Harbour, County Donegal, Ireland
- 5 days
Course Content includes:
- The components and their arrangement in a compression type refrigeration plant and basic fault finding
- The legislative and management requirements within engineering operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of maintenance systems onboard.
- Safe systems of work within an engineering environment.
- Safe operations when undertaking lifting and/or slinging operations. LOLER (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations).
- The electrical distribution system on-board.
- Basic hydraulic systems.
- Basic maintenance.
- Fresh water systems on-board.
- Sewage systems on-board.