Gardener - Handyman, Villa, Luxury Property, Vallauris Super Cannes
- Shore Based Jobs
- Villa staff
- Job updated:
- March 18, 2023
About the Villa
Is is an absolutely beautiful Villa located on top of the hills of Vallauris, in 'Super Cannes'.
The Villa is a beautiful mix of modernity and the charms of Provence, with a 5 hectare garden surrounding it, and a fantastic sea view. There is a large swimming pool waiting for the guests at the entrance of the Villa, and beautiful leisure areas all around it.
There are several Olive trees, Cedar Cypress, Eucalyptus trees, Bushes, large choice of plants, and a vegetable garden. A part of the garden is in a structure of restanques. The garden are quite large as they are about 2 kilometres long, in a hill. There is a beautiful health path going through the garden, used by the staff or by the guests for a run or for a little walk.
There is a professional company of gardeners that come twice a week to maintain the Villa as well.
The Villa is only rented by guests during the season, each rental is at least for one month or 2 weeks at least. The owner can also come over, but it is quite rare, not more than a week per year. The Villa is generally fully booked during the summer season ( April - September).
In regards to the staff, there is one Villa Manager, 2 Governesses, 1 Chef and 1 Gardener Handy Man. They work in the Villa on an annual basis. The team is used to working together, and is ready to welcome the new staff members. During the summer season, there is additional staff such as Housekeepers.
The Villa has a dedicated area for the staff wherein they can have their lunch breaks, their other breaks, have a shower and take rest when required.
All the position are LIVE OUT.
We are looking for 1 Gardener - Handyman ready to start working in the beginning of March 2023 until September 2023, under a permanent contract.
You will report to the Villa Manager.
You will be working with another Gardener/Handyman who is already on the property. The two of you would be in-charge of the Gardening and Handyman related duties.
Essentially, you will be in charge of maintaining the gardens, and all the exteriors.
You will have all the necessary tools to do so - electrical and manual tools. The gardens are quite large, approx. 4 - 5 hectares.
You will also need to take care of the small plumbing issues, electricity issues, paint.
You will also be in charge of collecting all the guests from the airport and driving them around when needed during the summer season.
- You must be very autonomous and able to report and respect your hierarchy at the same time.
- You must be an experienced gardener with similar previous experiences in Villas.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about gardening and likes to work in private villas.
- You are comfortable in handiwork, and in do-it yourself(DIY) projects.
- You are able to multi-task and be flexible, able to follow the processes that are already implemented, and able to be reactive when facing something unusual. If someone in the team needs help, you need to be hands on. The team is very close, and everybody, even the Villa Manager work hand-in-hand.
- You are a smiling person, you like to work in a team and you are discreet. You have a positive attitude.
- You are always on time and present well, you have a real sense of human relations and communication comes with an ease to you.
- You MUST speak French, and have at least a good level in English.
- You MUST have a driving licence as the you will driving the guests. The Villa will provide you a vehicle in order to do so.
- You MUST have a car and a driving licence as THERE ARE NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTS DESERVING THE VILLA. The Villa is on top of a hill and it would take too long to access it from the city center of Vallauris or Cannes.
Salary : 2300 euros net / month.
French CDD contract.
HOW TO APPLY TO THIS JOB OFFER ?
In order to apply, please make sure that you have a EU Passport. If not, please make sure that you have a VALID VISA AND A WORKING PERMIT allowing you to work in France/Europe.
If you wish to apply to this job offer, please make sure beforehand that :
- you have registered on our website at www.marinescence.com
- and that you have created your profile (if your already have a profile, there is NO NEED TO CREATE A NEW ONE)
- While creating/ completing your profile : you will need to complete the Education, Experience and Reference field. A lot of questions are dedicated to crew members, please be aware you do not need to complete them.
- Please make sure you upload a detailed and updated CV in a PDF format.
- For Cooks : Chefs / Head Chefs : pictures of your work are very welcome.
No application will be considered if the process mentioned above has not been followed initially. No private messages on WhatsApp - No private messages on Facebook or LinkedIn please.Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to hear back from you shortly.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, French
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
- Deck Jobs (357)
- Engineering Jobs (99)
- Galley Jobs (145)
- Interior Jobs (375)
- Specialist Jobs (48)
- Shore Based Jobs (109)
- Other Jobs (41)