Senior Instructor (Engine Simulation) required at MSA Solent (Portsmouth)
We are seeking an individual for a full-time Maritime Simulator Instructor (Engine Simulation) role to support the design, development and delivery of our Engine simulation and management-level courses at The Maritime Skills Academy (MSA) Portsmouth training centre.
Founded in 1988, today the company encompasses a diverse group of businesses – also including Viking Crew, the leading maritime crew services provider, and Chiltern Maritime, the UK’s top merchant navy cadetship provider.
The Maritime Skills Academy is helping the industry set new standards by delivering a higher level of deck and engine simulation, and marine, fire and safety training.
With training centres in Portsmouth and Dover, we offer simulator training in BRM, ship handling, tug operations, Polar Code and Engine Simulator training in ERM, High Voltage, plus STCW Safety, commercial Fire, medical, GWO and Hospitality training.
MSA Portsmouth is fully equipped to deliver ground-breaking simulator and classroom-based Bridge and Engine Resource Management courses, including 270 Main Bridge, Emergency Safety Centre, 360 Tug Sim, Engine Control room, Main Switch Board, High Voltage and Virtual Machinery Spaces.
- Candidates must hold a Chief Engineer Unlimited Certificate of Competency as a minimum and must also have had appropriate seagoing experience within the Cruise sector.
- Previous instructional experience is also desirable.
- We would be interested in individuals with experience in LNG fuels but not essential.
- This role is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 16:00.
- Occasional weekend work may also be required.
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Start Date: 1st October 2022
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.