Deckhand/Jnr Engineer for private 30-m+ Motoryacht in Australia – DHEM
- Date posted:
- October 20, 2020 Superyacht Crew International
- Deck Jobs, Engineering Jobs
- Deckhand, 2nd Engineer, Sole Engineer, 3rd Engineer
- Amazing opportunity for a Deckhand with a love of all things mechanical!
- Australian based private motoryacht!
- Amazing, long term opportunity close to home on the East Coast and beyond!
This beautiful explorer style motor vessel is seeking a hands on experienced Deckhand with some engineering experience or a great willingness to learn.
Your duties will be to assist the Captain with all berthing, line-handling, watches and general deck duties together with helping out with the maintenance and general servicing of tenders, jetskis and other ancillary equipment on board. As a bonus if you love to fish then this is the exact position for you!
Initially the vessel will be based in the owner’s hometown of Melbourne and will slowly head north up the east coast to the Whitsundays. Long term plans will include the Kimberley region and possibly New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Qualifications and qualities we are seeking include:
- Australian residency and/or appropriate working visas; (mandatory)
- Prior experience onboard motoryachts, preferably around 30-m;
- AEC a bonus and willing to lend a hand;
- Fishing experience a bonus;
- STCW/2010 including Security Awareness;
- Loyalty to owner and the yacht;
- Valid ENG1 medical;
- Valid Passport;
- True non-smoker;
- No visible tattoos (preferred)
- September 2020
- AUD depending on experience with 4 weeks leave
- East Coast Australia and beyond in 2021-2022
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your STCW BST, your photo ID and your ENG1. These must also be uploaded with your CV. Are you aware of your Seafarer rights and duties as per the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006? We will provide information if required.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.