Assistant to House Manager for residence in Melbourne - AHMM
- Date posted:
- July 25, 2020 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Estate / House Manager
- Are you a friendly yet professional housekeeper?
- Do you have impeccable service skills to match?
- Are you looking for a full-time position yet flexible with work hours?
Here is an amazing opportunity for an experienced private residence professional to join an established interior team in providing 6-star service and housekeeping for a large family estate located in Melbourne.
The position would suit an ex Superyacht Steward/ess looking to embark on a shore-based career. Above all we are looking for someone with the right attitude and high work ethic.
You will work very closely with the House/Estate Manager and will be expected to step in to relieve this position during times of leave. The role is generally Monday to Friday, however there will be some weekend work involved when the family is entertaining. You will also need to be flexible as the work hours are 12pm – 8pm or 1pm – 9pm according to the Principals’ needs.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and experience:
- Flexible in workdays and ability to work evenings essential;
- Extreme attention to detail in all manner of housekeeping duties and assisting other staff;
- Able to provide impeccable dinner service and occasional weekend functions as required;
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills;
- Ability to organise and be responsible for family dinner service;
- Extensive hospitality and experience in a similar role (private or yachting);
- Valid Drivers License (VIC preferred) and ability to run errands as required;
- Current Police Check, smoke and drug free;
- Australian permanent resident;
- Able to provide verified references from previous employers.
Start Date: As soon as the right person is found
Monday to Friday (must be flexible to work occasional weekends)
Hours: 12pm – 8pm or 1pm – 9pm
Salary: To be negotiated depending on experience
Any/all relocation costs to be covered by the successful applicant
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure your current location and availability dates and have at least three referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.