Handyman • Villa | Vallauris Super Cannes
- Date posted:
- July 31, 2020 Marinescence
- Shore Based Jobs
- Villa staff
- 1800 - 2000 EUR
- Super-Cannes - Vallauris
About the Villa
It is an absolutely beautiful Villa located on top of the hills of Vallauris, in the " Super Cannes".
The Villa is a beautiful mix of classicism and modernity facing the sea. It is extremely chic and refined, renovated with a superb taste. This Villa has a very high standing and could be compared to the best 4 or 5 * hotels.
The Villa counts 12 bedrooms which to be more precise, are suites with their own dressing, bathroom and terrace.
There are 2 large swimming pools and many terraces allowing the guests to enjoy privacy while enjoying the view, hidden by among the trees within the Villa's surroundings.
There is also a large dependency within the same property.
The Villa is currently not rented but this is an upcoming project.
At the moment, the Villa is privately occupied by the owners and their son.
In regards to the staff, there are currently 3 housekeepers, 1 Chef and 1 Caretaker/ Security Guard. They work in the Villa on an annual basis. The team is used to work together and is ready to welcome the new staff members.
All the positions are LIVE OUT.
We are looking for 1 Handyman ready to start working as soon as possible. This is a permanent position.
You will have in charge all the duties in regards to the exterior part of the Villa and you will report directly to the 2 owners.
More precisely, you will in charge of sweeping all the terraces, and cleaning them.
You will also need to go and collect building materials that the owners have ordered and bring them back to the Villa.
You will also be in charge of driving the owners when needed.
You will be in charge of calling plumbers, electricians when you spot out an issue in the Villa but you will not be doing the repairs. However, it is very important that you have some knowledge in construction or handy jobs in order to understand the kind of issues that could appear within the Villa and to make sure that the quotes made by suppliers are decent and consistent.
You will in charge of cleaning in depth various areas in the Villa such as building service rooms.
- You must be very autonomous and able to report and respect your hierarchy in the same time.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about service and likes to work in private villas. Previous experience as a handyman or in military forces for instance is welcome or in the yachting industry.
- You are comfortable in handiwork, and in do-it yourself.
- You are multi task and flexible, able to follow the processes that are already implemented and able to be reactive when facing something unusual. If someone in the team needs help, you need to be hands on.
- You are a smiling person, you like to work in a team and you are discrete. You have a positive attitude.
- You are always on time and present well, you have a real sense of human relations and communication comes with an ease to you.
- You must be very clean and extremely organized in your work.
- You MUST speak french and have at least a good level in english.
- You MUST have a driving licence as the you will driving the guests. The Villa will lown you an vehicle in order to do so.
- You DO NOT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD and a FULL DRIVING LICENCE.
- You MUST have a car and a driving licence as THERE ARE NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTS DESERVING THE VILLA. The Villa is on top of a hill and it would take too long to access it from the city center of Vallauris nor Cannes.
Salary : 1800 - 2000 euros net / month.
Working rhythm : 40 hours / week. Week-ends off.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A EU PASSPORT. IF NOT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A VISA AND A WORKING PEMRIT ALLOWING YOU TO WORK IN FRANCE.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, French
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.