Accounting Assistant / Book Keeper Sym
SYM Superyacht Management is looking to recruit an accounting assistant / book-keeper to join our expanding accounts team based out of our head office in Golfe Juan, France. Previous Experience The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in either of the following sectors or qualifications in a relevant sector:
YACHTING EXPERIENCE - Candidates should have experience dealing with onboard Yacht accounts, ideally on charter vessels. This experience should include reporting to management companies, dealing with APA’s and liaising with both clients and crew members.
OFFICE ACCOUNTING – Candidates from an accounting background should have excellent book-keeping skills and be used to working with key clients on a regular basis. This role would benefit someone with knowledge of the French social system, and used to working up to “Bilan”.
- Wants to work within a friendly team environment
- Fluent English as a 1st or 2nd language
- Good Excel and IT skills
- Flexible and happy to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Discreet, polite, professional with a “can do” attitude
- Highly organised
- Excellent administrative skills
- Keen to learn and expand their knowledge base
- Keen attention to detail
POSITION WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
- Creating and working with monthly reports & budgets
- Point of contact for Yacht Captains
- Liaison with captains & crew
- Liaison with yacht suppliers / contractors / shipyards
- Handling APA (charter client’s expenditure) reports and cross-checking
- Verifying Charter Contracts
- EU fiscal rules in the Yachting industry
- Supplier invoices, input & payment
- Teaching and instruction (new) captains on our Accounting requirements
Salary for this shore based role will be in dependent on experience and qualifications.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.