We are looking for a Temporary Deckhand to join a 70m+ Research Vessel
- Date posted:
- October 10, 2019 Viking Crew
- Deck Jobs
We are looking for a Temporary Deckhand to join a 70m+ Research Vessel.
Duration: 23rd December to 1st March 2020
- Previous experience on research vessels or offshore vessels.
- Certified training as mechanic, fitter or carpenter.
- Certified welder (GL/DNV certification).
- General interest in oceanographic science is an advantage.
- Navigational Watch Rating licence
- B1/B2 Visa
Package: Industry standard salary, Medical Insurance, Shared Cabin.
Leave: 1 day of paid leave per worked day is accrued and will be paid out at the end of the contract.
There is an opportunity for this role to be made Permanent, based on performance.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.