Part-time Private Chef in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs - PTCM
- Date posted:
- August 14, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Galley Jobs
- Are you a qualified chef looking for part-time work for a young family?
- Cook-out of your own kitchen and deliver meals 3 times/week to the family!
- Mid-late September start date!
We are looking for a talented and versatile chef who is able to shop for, and prepare family style dinners and deliver them three times per week to a family of five, including two parents and their three primary school aged children.
This position would suit someone who is looking for flexible hours and who lives in the area with their own kitchen facilities – this may also suit someone with a catering business! You will be provided with food containers and you simply need to label and provide heating/simple cooking instructions for the family to be able to follow.
Requirements are as below:
- Create and prepare healthy, well balanced and nutritious meals using fresh, seasonal ingredients according to employers' preferences and tastes.
- Able to cater for one vegan meal/dinner per day; and three other meals with no dietary requirements;
- Meals should be prepared during the day then refrigerated with easy to read preparation instructions on how to serve / reheat.
- On occasion, you may also be required to prepare food for small parties (ie. childrens’ birthday), or other special functions when they arise, such as a family BBQ.
- Create and explore new healthy menus and write up favourite recipes for the family to try out themselves in conjunction with preparing already well loved meals that the family currently enjoy.
- Evening meals only (catering for two days at a time) to be provided on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays;
- Willing to provide additional buffet style or BBQ dinners for occasional weekend entertaining;
- The addition of occasional fresh breads, snacks would be much appreciated at times.
Start Date: mid-late September 2019
Salary: $65 per hour (ABN required) – approx. 6 hrs work 3 days per week.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure your current location and availability dates and have at least three referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Chefs and Cook/Stews: Mediterranean
August 17, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Chefs, Cooks & Cook/Stews
August 14, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Chef M/Y ~140' Foreign-flagged Charter
August 10, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Sole Chef – Mediterranean – Permanent - Silver Swan
August 6, 2019 ✔ Approved
- First Mate and Chef Couple
August 5, 2019 - Worldwide ✔ Approved