TEMP: Part-time Housekeeper needed for 6 months for a family in Mosman, Sydney (SMCT)
- Date posted:
- July 21, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Are you looking for a temporary role until the end of the year?
- Are you based in Sydney?
- Do you have housekeeping experience?
Our clients who live in Mosman are after a superb housekeeper. They are moving back to Europe mid-December, so they need a housekeeper to help them out until they leave.
They are a wonderful, friendly family of five who need help with their every day lives. This is a live-out position.
Duties will include:
- Tidying generally and ensuring the house is kept neat and clean
- Dusting, vacuuming or sweeping the floors
- Cleaning bathrooms, checking and replacing towels as needed
- Weekly change of bed sheets, Making beds
- Clean all kitchen appliances/wash any dirty dishes
- Wiping the inside and outside of cupboards periodically as required
- Cleaning windows/Mirrors
- All laundry duties (washing towels, bed linen weekly, ironing/folding clothes)
You will possess the following attributes:
- Be reliable
- Be organised and practical
- Be familiar with correct cleaning products and techniques and laundering procedures
- Have good communication skills
- Show initiative and high level of responsibility
- Have a good attitude and positive outlook
- Hold a Current Police Check
- Have good references from past employers.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 2pm
Salary: TBD with the right candidate
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.