Technical Manager required for a Yacht Management company based in the South of France
- Date posted:
- August 17, 2019 Viking Crew
- Shore Based Jobs
We are currently looking for a Technical Manager to a large Yacht Management company based in the South of France.
As Technical Manager, your key purpose will be to ensure that the technical contractual deliverables for a designated fleet of yachts is met, whilst providing technical support to other departments within the management company.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Management, you will be instrumental in carrying out practical inspections on board as well as preparing forecasts and budgets for approval.
You will work very closely with the Client Management team in overseeing the yacht’s budget for the financial year, actively identifying cost savings as well as potential areas for improvement in the yacht’s maintenance strategy.
As a key member of the team, you will build and maintain sound relationships with Client, Crew and Contractors.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, you are meticulous and thorough in your approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with Clients and Crew
- A strong team player whilst being able to work autonomously
- You are flexible and able to travel frequently
- Degree level Engineering, Naval Architecture or Project Management
- Minimum 3 year’s shore based experience in a Maritime Technical Management Position, or Chief / 2nd Engineer on board a Megayacht
- Experience of conducting inspections and surveys of hull and machinery
- Strong MS Office Skills