- Date posted:
- June 12, 2019 Private yacht
- Engineering Jobs
What we are seeking:
A team player who is looking to gain experience in the engine room; a hands on Engineer who can assist in the maintenance of the main generators and propulsion systems.
Nice to meet you!
We will take you to places you have only dreamed about going…As one of our crew you will be a part of a team that works in an eye-opening, amazingly fun, professionally run fleet that demands hard work, excellence and attention to detail.
As a member on our team you will…
Assist the Sr. Engineers in the planned and emergent maintenance, care and safe operation of the vessels machinery – by:
- Carrying out fuel transfers and maintenance of purification equipment
- Record all completed work and ensure sufficient spare parts are available for routine and breakdown maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and inspecting to locate defective part on technical equipment.
- Monitoring the safe operation and condition of all electrical equipment and distribution systems on board
- Scheduling work as required by the boat’s computer planned maintenance systems including all preventative maintenance and repair of the equipment.
- Working assigned watches
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Class 4 (motor) CoC or EOOW Certificate with previous experience (2 years) working as an Engineer in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to working independently and as part of a team on larger projects
- Working knowledge of AMOS or other planned maintenance/inventory system
- Strong organization skills
- Confident in communicating to various level of co-worker, troubleshooting and pitching their thoughts and ideas
- Experience in planned maintenance, job reporting and stock control
Your characteristics include:
- Innovative, collaborative and trustworthy
- Service excellence, integrity and a drive for passion
- Being solution minded and intuitive
- An ability to be nimble, flexible and courageous
- Well-organized and structured
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Having a good sense of humor, strong work ethic and a contained ego
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and oral communication skills
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on cruise ships and yachts matching the following requirements:
- Yacht types: motor
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
- Engineer for 35m Benetti
June 24, 2019 - Italy ✔ Approved
- Engineer 40m Charter Stcw Iii/3
June 23, 2019 ✔ Approved
- Captain/Engineer and Deck/Stew/Cook for private 90-ft M/Y in the Whitsundays - CDSM
June 22, 2019 - Aust ✔ Approved
- 3rd/4th Engineer (Rotational) for Private 100m+ M/Y - DUTM
June 21, 2019 - Western Med ✔ Approved
- 3rd 4th Engineer 100-m Private MY DUTM
June 21, 2019 - Worldwide ✔ Approved