Looking for a Deckhand Carpenter
- Date posted:
- June 20, 2019 Marinescence
- Deck Jobs
- 4000 - 4000 EUR
- La Ciotat, France
About the yacht
The classic private/charter 48.5 m M/Y was launched by Feadship in 1987. Since then she has had two refits, the most recent being a major refit in 2011.
She has a Malta flag.
We are looking for a Deckhand Carpenter ready to start working as of June 15th, 2019 till October 10th, 2019.
This is a seasonal position.
The boat is currently in Genova and will be going at the beginning of June to the shipyard in La Ciotat.
- The ideal candidate has to have a "can do" attitude, be able to do spray varnishing, teck repair.
- You will be in charge of varnishing all of the interior part of the boat.
- You must be extremely motivated and like to work on wood. 400m2 of varnish needs to be done.
- English (and French is a plus ) speaking candidates (the owners are French, so you have to have knowledge in French to be able to communicate with them)
- The chosen candidates will need to have experience as a Carpenter and as a Deckhand.
- Experience in the yachting industry is required.
Salary : 4000 euros per month
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht.
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, French
Certificates and Qualifications:
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.