Housekeeper needed for a family in Hunters Hill, Sydney (SHHT)
- Date posted:
- May 15, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Do you live in Sydney?
- Do you have a solid background in housekeeping in private homes?
- Do you have your own private transport?
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeper to join a family in Hunters Hill, Sydney.
This role is part-time or can be full-time for the right person. Proven experience in a private home is required as your daily role is taking care of the home to the highest standard. This position will suit candidates who understand attention to detail and the need for efficiency.
They are a family of three with a four-year-old. Having cooking experience will be a big plus as they would like dinner prepared for them twice a week.
General duties will include:
- Ensuring the house is always well-organised and immaculately presented to the highest standard
- Daily cleaning duties, (bed-making, organising kitchen, cleaning bathrooms)
- Cleaning windows and seals indoors
- Vacuuming and mopping floors
- Laundry and Ironing (clothes and bed linens)
- Weekly bed linen change
- Twice a week cooking dinner to leave in the fridge
- Updating shopping lists of household items needed
- Packing away shopping
- Occasionally running errands
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a CV that proves their experience and supports their suitability for the role
- Have a Police check and Working with Children’s check
- Housekeeping and cooking experience in homes previously
- Be flexible, organised and versatile
- Be familiar with correct cleaning and laundry procedures
- Be well-presented and well-mannered with a positive outlook
- Practice confidentiality and discretion at all times
- At least three recent references
- Clean driver’s license and own private transport (preferred). You may be required from time to time to run errands.
Hours: 9am – 5pm either part-time or full-time for the right candidate
Salary: The salary offered will commensurate with your experience. Superannuation will also apply. Australian working conditions.
Start: As soon as the right person is found
Note: you will need to be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent (smiling) photo, indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too. If you work with children you are required to hold a Working With Children Card. We also need to sight your primary qualification(s), your photo ID and your work permit, so please send these as well.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.