Cook plus extra set of hands needed for busy family in Mosman, Sydney (DTMT)
- Date posted:
- May 15, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Australia / NZ
- Do you have minimum three years’ experience cooking for a family?
- Are you happy to occasionally help around the house if need be?
- Do you love young children?
We have a large family (4 kids under 10) that live in Mosman that are looking for a Cook to help them with food prep and family meals. They have a cleaner but on odd occasions you may be required to help around the house and look after the kids.
The family want someone who can become part of the family and feel comfortable in the role. They want someone who gets along with kids and encourages them from time to time to assist with cooking meals and be invested in their nutrition. Once dinner is finished you will also be required to help look after the kids and assist with homework/bedtime routines. You will be the extra set of hands to help juggle the mayhem of a large young family.
General duties will include:
- Create and prepare healthy, well balanced and nutritional dinners each night for the family of six
- Getting school lunches ready for the next day
- Organise kitchen – make sure it’s always kept clean
- Helping with housekeeping if need be (rare occasions) and general tidying
- Looking after the kids (getting them ready for bed and helping them out with homework)
The ideal candidate will:
- 3-5 years kitchen experience
- Enjoy being around children
- Hold a Current Police Check and working with children check
- Have good communication skills
- Be well spoken and professionally presented
- Have a positive attitude and outlook
- Have good references from past employers.
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 5-6 hours, Monday to Friday 2pm-7:30/8pm. Some extra babysitting hours may be possible if desired.
Start: As soon as the right person is found!
Send us your CV in Word format and include an application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Ensure you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.