Part-time Housekeeper for a family in Glen Iris, Melbourne (MIGT)
- Date posted:
- October 10, 2019 Superyacht Crew International
- Shore Based Jobs
- Do you have experience cooking meals for families?
- Speaking French or Mandarin is advantageous
- Experience looking after a young child or having your own children is a bonus
We are looking for an experienced Housekeeper with a keen eye for detail to clean and maintain a family home in Glen Iris, Melbourne.
The family are a family of three who need someone to help them with their busy lives. They want someone who has had previous housekeeping experience in large homes or in five-star hotels and who also likes to cook easy going, healthy meals (Dinner for the family and lunch for the 2-year-old). They would also like you to look after their son, one of the days you are with them while the mum works from home. So, having experience with children or your own children is a big plus.
General duties will include:
- Tidying generally and ensuring the house is kept neat and clean
- Cleaning bathrooms, checking and replacing towels as needed
- Weekly change of bed sheets, Making beds
- Clean all kitchen appliances/wash any dirty dishes
- Wiping the inside and outside of cupboards periodically as required
- Cleaning windows/Mirrors
- All laundry duties (washing towels, bed linen weekly, ironing/folding clothes)
- Wardrobe management
- Cooking lunch for their son and dinner for the family
- One day a week, looking after their son
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a CV that proves their experience and supports their suitability for the role
- Be non-smoking
- Be organised and practical
- Be familiar with laundering procedures
- Have good communication skills
- Show initiative and high level of responsibility
- Have a good attitude and positive outlook
- Hold a Current Police Check and Working with Children’s check
- Have good references from past employers.
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am - 5pm
Hourly rate: commensurate with your experience.
Start Date: July
You will need to have permission to work in Australia (ie residency or long-term work permit) and normal Australian working conditions apply.
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you indicate your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. It also helps to have a good quality recent photo and written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.