Deckhand/Dockside Engineer for 20-m private yacht based in the USA – USEM
- Date posted:
- March 4, 2020 Superyacht Crew International
- Deck Jobs, Engineering Jobs
- Are you handy with marine engines?
- Do you love watersports?
- Are you able to live and work in the US?
This lovely motor vessel is looking for a hands-on deck/engineer looking for a foray into the Superyacht industry. One of the smaller vessels in the fleet, you will be based in California with paid accommodation included when not out cruising.
If you are new to yachting and looking to make a break this could be the start you are looking for!
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- AEC/MEOL preferred but not essential if you’re cluey
- Keen interest and experience in marine engineering
- Must be able to work quickly and able to learn new things
- US resident or US working rights
- Must be fit, active and have an interest in watersports and fun times!
- Valid STCW
- Valid ENG1 and Passport
Salary €2.500 dependent on qualifications and experience;
Start date: As soon as possible
Send your CV in Word format and application letter addressing all the points of eligibility on this job post. Please ensure that you have a good quality recent photo, indicate the validity date of your ENG1, your current location and availability dates and have at least 3 Referees with all contact details on your CV. Written references are good support for your application so please send these too.
MLC regulations now require us to sight your primary qualification, your photo ID and your ENG1. So please send these also.
Work Experience Requirements:
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Yacht or a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Certificates and Qualifications:
All applicants must hold a valid ENG1 certificate to be able to apply for this position.
A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate is required from all applicants. Please sign up for an STCW course and obtain the certificate if you don't have it yet.